Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Settling in

I should have pictures.

But since we have returned home, the camera has not been getting much use.

Shame on me, I know.

You will just have to take my word for it.

Our transitions continue to move along in a relatively smooth sort of fashion. Zak is kinda the rock star of the family right now. Except when he periodically bites or hits, but even then, they are quick to forgive.

Our table looks a lot fuller. He's just one small boy, but since he came, when I look around our table at dinner time I can't help think that there are A LOT of kids sitting there.

We are slowly making our way out into the world. Home, however, is his comfort zone as it should be.

The jet lag is slowly disappearing and we have been well taken care of by friends and family. Meals have been delivered on a regular basis, something I am thankful for and also (if I'm being honest) feel a little guilty receiving.

We are morphing into our new normal and it feels good.

I am extremely thankful.
God is good.

3 comments:

Chelby said...

So thankful that you are all adjusting to this new norm!...and getting over jet lag.

smw said...

so so thankful for this transition!!!

christine said...

So glad to hear the good report. I can imagine a full table feels overwhelming at times & so very amazing other times. Blessings!