Monday, February 28, 2011

Suhn's Adoption Trip - part 1

I'm a little frustrated right now.

I've been working on putting our video and photos from China into "movie" form and have been having a little bit of trouble. I use Windows Moviemaker. It is free and easy to use. It's not flashy, but it does what I need it to do.

For some reason, our videos from China do not like this program. I edit them and they show up on the screen unedited. Or the words do not match up with the picture.

When I play the video back in Moviemaker there are no problems. It is just the way I want it.

BUT, when I save and upload my movie to You Tube (which takes an inordinately long time) it plays back wrong, or in the case of the video below after 10,000 tries almost right and just a little wrong.

Yes, I settled.

It's going to be good enough.

I hope you like it. It's a little long and a little shaky, but it's done. Even though it is not perfect, I like it. It brings back good memories and reminds me of good friends, which is the whole point of a home movie in the first place.

Mission Accomplished.

Enjoy!


14 comments:

Janie S. said...

Dear Megan,
Leah and I just watched the video- Nice Job! We can't wait for the next installment- again, thank you for sharing your journey with us,
Love,
Jane and Leah S

Emily said...

for some reason, i didn't have sound?? man i forgot how hazy it was there!!! wow! and hot-- man your video did nOT show how much we sweated and suffered those two days in beijing!!!! woo!!

can't wait to see part deux!

10 more days!!!!!!!!!!

Gina said...

That was great to watch Megan. Thanks again for the cleaning info for Jami. Everything went great!

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

Megan, it is amazing!! I loved watching it!! great job taking so much video--you captured it so well!
LOVED it, and can't wait to see part II!!

megs @ whadusay said...

Is everyone else getting sound???

Gina said...

I had sound and it all seemed to be in sync.

Marla said...

Megan,
That was fun! You did a great job. Yes, we had sound. Looking forward to Pt. 2. I have a feeling it will be a little more emotional. :)
Love, Mom

Renata said...

Hi Megan
We were all here crowded around my little lap top watching your video - what a wonderful way to share your trip! Looking forward to the next installment!
Have a lovely day
Renata:)

Jami said...

Oh my goodness, I just loved that!! I felt like I was there. And I laughed out loud at Kory showing his Michigan tee to the Ohio fan bus!! Oh Kory! :)

Love you Mego. Can't wait to see the next one!!

Stephanie P said...

Nice job Megan. Thanks for sharing yoru journey, can't wait to see future installments :-)

arlan and katie said...

What a special, special video!
Besides the obvious connections pictures of where Suhn had been & then you and Kory got to see...my favorite? well, of course, it's the picture of Kory pretending to be Michael Phelps!

LOVE IT!

Great job!

Katie

Sissy said...

I so enjoyed the video and cannot wait for the next one!

Unknown said...

That was like a teaser video! Very well done, but just when I got excited about seeing the moment you were traveling all that way for...to be continued.
I should have paid more attention to the "part 1". :-) Beautiful, beautiful journey.

Our Journey to Grace and Olivia said...

I love this!