Friday, March 27, 2009

Video Review: Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure

Skeeter, a mosquito with a crooked nose, always gets lost, a trait, which makes him an unlikely candidate to find a hidden treasure. But when his famous older brother comes to town with a treasure map, the brother’s must work together to find the treasure. In the process they find that God made them unique for a reason and that God doesn’t make mistakes.

The moral is good, the story is cute, but I have to say the pace of this little video was S.L.O.W. And the humor (or attempts at humor) was not clicking with me… at all. If it were up to me, I would never watch it again. But then, I’m not exactly in the target audience.

When the video was over I asked my kids what they thought. My three-year-old immediately replied, “I want to watch it again.” A positive review.

My five year old did not. When I asked her why she said the part where they got lost was scary. Honestly, I don’t know what she was talking about; this movie is the opposite of scary. In my attempt to get a logical response I asked her what she learned from the movie. She replied, “Everyone is not perfect because that is how God made us.”

If you are looking for a video with a good message, Skeeter and the Mystery of the Lost Mosquito Treasure definitely fits the bill. If you want a video that you can enjoy with your kids, I would consider looking elsewhere, unless you’re hoping to squeeze in a little nap time while you watch!

No comments: