Thursday, March 05, 2009

It Was Bound To Happen Someday.

Little boys are curious creatures.

What happens when trains are hurled down the steps?
What does the living room look like from the top of the book case?
What will happen if I put a green bead up my nose?

The answers may seem obvious to us grown-ups, but little boys don't want to take our word for it. Some things must be experienced.

One little boy came home from preschool slightly upset. He said he had a green thing in his nose.

Seeing snot, I quickly wiped it, asked if someone had made fun of him for the snot and dismissed the incident.

But little boy was still not happy. Until 15 minutes later when he proudly told me he got the green thing out of his nose.


Apparently there was more than snot up there.


That was when little boy number 2 suddenly got upset. Remember, how little boys are curious creatures...

I guess having a green bead stuck up your nose looked like fun. Little boy #2 could not be denied. His brother had experienced it, he had to try it.

Only he couldn't get it out by himself. 10 minutes and a pair of tweezers later...

We had that nasty green bead.




Then we sat down and had a little talk about the importance of not shoving items up your nose.

Let's hope it sticks.

15 comments:

Llama Momma said...

Oh no!!! Glad the bead came out without too much trouble...

And I love the smile on your boy's face...

Boys scare me sometimes.

Marie Stork said...

Well, I'm a girl and when I was little I stuck soybeans up my nose and with a little imagination do you know what happens to soybeans with a little moisture. Let's just say it was NOT a pleasant experience. :)

Marla said...

Wow, and to think I missed out on such wonderful life lessons by having only girls. Although, when I think of some of the issues in raising our girls, little green things don't sound so bad :) Love Simon's smile. (That is Simon, right?)

Love, Mom

Alesa said...

Having three brothers myself, I just smile. :) Boys are boys. Love ya!

smw said...

very funny. :)

Heidi Klopfenstein said...

Funny!!

Leslie Ringger said...

so cute!

Kasey said...

Oh Megan! I'm losing control, reading this story out loud to Daniel. Thanks for the laugh. It was good for us!!!

Rena said...

Oh boy, Megan! This is NOT uncharted territory for girls. Not to many months ago our youngest had to go under anesthesia to remove another little green thing from her nose (a pea!) Thanks for sharing, love his little smirk. :)

Janell said...

I love your posts Megan. So fun, they always make me laugh.

Tami said...

crack me up! that's great.

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Oh funny! I'm not even going to share this post with Drew!!

Jami said...

That is so funny!!! I love the picture!

It makes me think when Raegan was in the stage of putting paper up her nose. One time is was a straw wrapper. That took some doing! :)

Renata said...

LOL - oh the things I have to look forward to!!!

At least you didn't have to take a trip to the ER to remove the bead!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I relate with you on this one also. Last August my two younger ones stuck beads in their ears! My 3 year old ended up at an ear,nose,throat doctor where he carefully extracted a bead from each ear! Here's the link to that day: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Zephaniahway/578507/
Gotta love those kiddos!
Jennifer