I'm feeling a little stressed this morning (and this time it has nothing to do with the kids!). Here's why:
1. Was it just me, or did we have an earthquake last night. Around 4:40 I woke up and our bed was shaking (and making a squeaky sound). Kory felt it to. It didn't last very long, but it freaked me out and took me awhile to fall back asleep. My mind was racing. I kept imagining future earthquakes and planned out how I would get my kids to safety.
2. Once I finally did fall asleep I dreamt I was at the airport getting ready to leave the country and realized I did not have my suitcase and (more importantly) my carry-on items (i.e. ipod, headphones and book). Kory ran home to find the items for me, but everyone was loading the plane. I don't know if I made it or not, but I think I did. Regardless, I woke up feeling stressed
3. I've been reading through the Bible in a year. When I woke up, I read the story of the Levite whose concubine got raped and who then cut her up and delivered pieces of her body to the other tribes of Israel. That didn't really help calm my nerves.
4. I just got off the phone with Jami and we DID have an earthquake last night. She said it measured at 5.2 on the richter scale and was centered in the Chicagoland area. The first thing that ran through my mind when I woke up to the quake was "Kory's having a seizure!" Have we ever had an earthquake in this area before?
5. Simon is starting to say "I'm Jonah," so beware.
6. I'm not quite sure how to end this post, so I will just say that I am feeling a little less stressed as the morning progresses. Have a good Friday everyone!