Friday, October 19, 2012

Stepping Out

Can I just say I HATE getting out of my comfort zone. HATE. IT.

Until I do.

Then I'm always glad I did.

Wish I could remember that every time I approached the step out. It would make my life a lot less tearful.

Kory tries to remind me. Heck, I try to remind me. And still, my emotions take over and tell me that if I dare leave my comfortable place, I may look the fool or get hurt, or even worse lose any semblance of control all together.

With my natural tendency toward the known, I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father (and a supportive husband) who constantly push me towards the unknown.

My life is a lot fuller because of it. And maybe, just maybe one of these days, I will kick those emotions that try to tie me down to the curb and embrace the unknown... at least in a somewhat controlled kind of way.

Maybe.

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."
-Neale Donald Walsh

2 comments:

Marla H. said...

I totally know the feeling. Thanks for posting this. I agree 100% with the quote! :)

Cheryl P said...

Yep. you're right. So glad you are walking His path with a little more confidence today. way to go!