Monday, September 05, 2011

Gabby God's Little Angel - a book review



Gabby God’s Little Angel, is a sweet picture book about a fun-loving guardian angel named Gabby. If you are familiar with the Gigi, God’s Little Princess series, this book is written in the same style which should not be a surprise as both characters are the work of author Shelia Walsh.


The illustrations, done by Marina Fedotova, are whimsical and sweet. Without a doubt, they add value to the story and make this book a fun one to look through.

The story is based on Psalm 91:9,11, “The Lord is your protection… He has put his angels in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go.” And while I love anything that reinforces the message that we are precious and loved by God, which is a clear message of this story… my one concern is the idea that God shows us his love by protecting us from harm. While I believe He does protect His children at times, I also know sometimes He does not.

Despite my concern, which could get me accused of way over thinking a children’s book; I look forward to sharing the story of Gabby with my girl. It is a sweet, whimsical, girly story book that will be a fun adventure for us to share together.

***DISCLOSURE NOTICE: A free copy of this book was supplied to me for the purpose of review by Thomas Nelson Publishing. No monetary exchange was given. All comments and wording in this review are purely my own.


No comments: