Monday, August 26, 2013

Six Months


Yesterday marked six months since Zak joined our not-so-little tribe. 

Sometimes when I look at his face I can't help but marvel at how he came to be ours. What a wonderful, amazing twist God wrote into our lives last spring when He made it abundantly clear we were to adopt again. Zak is my miracle child. 

His transition into our family has felt incredibly seamless, but even so, I have noticed in the past month or two our little boy opening up to us in new ways. While he has always allowed us to love on him and freely given us smiles, it is only recently that he has started to instigate affection. 

Last week I told him I missed him while he was at preschool and he responded with an "I missed you too." A month ago he would have just nodded with understanding. 

It's hard to put into words, but I see an increased level of connection in his eyes. I believe he is starting to realize what a forever family is, and that he truly has come home. 

Adoption is a miraculous act and I am beyond blessed to get to experience it up close and personal. It is a constant reminder of my own adoption by my Heavenly Father when I choose to see it. It has stretched me and grown me like nothing else.  It has taught me about love. And, it has brought two amazing little people into my life, a son and a daughter. Part of our family. Forever.

5 comments:

Our Journey to Grace and Olivia said...

i love this ...love love love this!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love this, Megan

Marla said...

This is such a sweet, heartwarming post. Can't imagine life without him!

arlan and katie said...

Beautiful.
Love Zak!

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

I'm so thankful for Zak! God has given him a wonderful home.