Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Have you experienced any miracles in your life?


Walking on water or feeding 5,000 with one child's meal. Making the blind see or raising the dead. These events scream miracle. Impossible for a mere human to pull off, there can only be one explanation...

This week as I prepare for Easter and think on the life of Christ, the miracles he orchestrated and the sacrifice he willingly made, I think about the miracle he did for me. The miracle he thrills at performing for whomever will ask.

He took my old, sin-stained heart and transformed it into something new and beautiful.

He saw value in me. He looked beyond my selfishness, the filthiness of my attempts at "righteousness" and pursued me anyway. And when I responded to his call and surrendered to his will, he transformed my heart into something new and made me holy.

And while my traitor self is still fighting to do wrong, my heart, my true self, transformed by Jesus longs for righteousness and the God who made me.

An impossible task for a mere human to complete; there can only be one explanation.

A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death...Anyone, of course, who has not welcomed this invisible but clearly present God, the Spirit of Christ, won't know what we are talking about. But for you who welcome him, in whom he dwells...if the alive-and-present God who raised Jesus from the dead moves into your life, he'll do the same thing in you that he did in Jesus...When God lives and breathes in you (and he does, as surely as he did in Jesus), you are delivered from that dead life.
(Rom. 8:2-3, 9-11 The Message)

Praising God for the miraculous work he does in those who follow him everyday!

Happy Easter everyone!


***Head on over to Jill Savage's blog today to read more stories of the miracles God has performed in her life and others. Click on the "click here" at the bottom of her blog post to see other blogger's links.***

2 comments:

Susan Heim said...

We are all miracles-in-the-making. Thanks for a beautiful post. Happy Easter!

Stephanie Kay said...

Thank you for the reminder that Jesus is working a miracle in all of his children. Salvation is definitely the greatest miracle of all!