Thursday, August 19, 2010

Book Review: If I Could Ask God Anything


If I could Ask God Anything: Awesome Bible answers for curious kids by Kathryn Slattery could be a good resource to have on your child’s book shelf. It is filled with questions on topics ranging from God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to Christian holidays, prayer, and being a Christian. All of the questions are centered on the Christian faith. The answers are simple, bible-based with very few going longer than one page. The questions cover a wide range from things like “If God loves people why do bad things happen?” or “What is communion?” to “Help! What should I do when I feel like a church service is boring?” and “Why do we celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with Shamrocks?”

I don’t know if this is a book your child would read cover-to-cover. I doubt it. But if your child has questions about Christianity, this could be a handy resource to own.

As I said before, the answers are simple and short, but they could be a great way to start a conversation with your child. Or if your child has a question that you are not sure how to answer (or word), you could use this book as a starting place for both of you. I believe this resource would be best used by the parent and child together.

Older kids (at least older than mine who are ages 2-7) will benefit from this more than younger ones. At this stage in life I don't see us using this book that much, BUT I have a feeling as our kids get older this book may come in handy someday.


***DISCLOSURE NOTICE: A free copy of this book was supplied to me for the purpose of review by Thomas Nelson Publishing. No monetary exchange was given. All comments and wording in this review are purely my own.

No comments: