Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Book Review: Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear


Fears, we all face them: fear of our children getting hurt, fear of financial difficulties, fear of terrorism, fear of being left behind, …

In his newest release, Fearless: Imagine your Life without Fear, Max Lucado tackles these fears and many more. Breathing a fresh perspective into stories from the Bible, mixed in with personal narratives and stories from the world we live in, Max encourages readers to trust more and fear less. He gives practical tips and reminds readers of the truth: God is bigger than our fears and he doesn’t want us to live life dominated by them.

As I read through this book I found new insight into old stories. I love when an author can help me glean new wisdom from stories I have heard hundreds of times. Max Lucado has a knack for this. I also found encouragement as I read. Encouragement that I am not alone in my fears and encouragement to fear the Lord more, as Max call is, “the one healthy terror!” He goes on to say, “When Christ is great, our fears are not.”

If you want some practical help on how to fear less, are looking for an encouraging read or are simply a fan of Max Lucado’s I think you will enjoy this latest release.

No comments: