Tuesday, January 29, 2008

She Speaks Writer's Conference



I have recently discovered Lysa TerKeurst's blog. I think you would enjoy it. It has been an encouragement to me (including some laugh out loud posts!). Tuesday's post got me excited!

Every year Proverbs 31 Ministries hosts a conference for women called She Speaks. I have heard about She Speaks through my involvement with Hearts at Home and have always been intrigued. It is geared towards women who wish to partner with God through speaking, writing and/or women's ministries. I would love to go and Lysa is hosting a major giveaway on her blog - a scholarship covering all conference expenses (except travel) to She Speaks!

Why do I want to go? I'm glad you asked...

Reason #1 When I was young I wanted to be an author. It is a dream that has resurfaced in the past two years (thanks to the gentle prodding of a good friend). I am slowly moving down this path of writing. I hope that through writing, God can use me to minister to others. I have had a few articles published and want to grow as a writer. I want to learn more about publishing and how to maneuever effectively in this industry. The opportunity to attend She Speaks would be a huge step towards pursuing this dream.

Reason #2 My blog is one of my ministries - a way to encourage, connect, and share life with other moms. I want to learn how to expand this ministry and do it more effectively.

Reason #3 I live in a house with 4 children. The oldest is 4 1/2. I NEED a vacation. A weekend spent with other women pursuing God's call on their lives sounds GLORIOUS!

Thank you Lysa and friends for giving me a shot at attending She Speaks. I hope I see you there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent reasons. #3 is a definite vote-getter. :)

Blessings on your ministry.

Jenny said...

I have 3 girls and I'm with you on the time connecting with other women! Great post...Good Luck!

Taylor said...

Keep pursuing your dream Megan! I will pray for you in that endeavor! There is nothing like connecting with other christian women! Good Luck!

Celly B said...

I pray that God will bless this desire you have to share His intervention in your life with others. "The One Who calls you is faithful and He will do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)

Sandy said...

Blessings on your opportunity to attend and your writing and blog ministries.