I've had it up to here (imagine me holding my hand waayyyy over my head) with fits, tantrums, emotional meltdowns, screaming children, etc., etc. ,etc.
* I did not turn the TV off immediately (and I mean within a nano second) after Thomas the Train is over
* I turned Thomas the Train off too soon and someone wanted to watch the credits (like they can even read!)
* Someone has 5 trains and the other only has 14
* Someone has 1 Thomas and the other wants all four
* I let him talk to Grandma on the phone before I let her
* They both want to sit on my lap
* He wants his diaper changed by the bed instead of where I am waiting with the wipes and diaper by the dresser
* He wants to be held
* They don't want to have quiet time
* She doesn't want him to sit by her, touch her, talk to her, be in the same room as her...
* He doesn't want him to see the book I am reading to all of them
* I didn't let him pick out the shirt, pants, socks himself
* I carried him up the steps and he wanted to walk
WILL IT EVER END?!
Can anyone else relate? Is there a way to diminish the tantrums or is it something that must simply be endured? If you have an answer, or even a suggestion, SPEAK, and earn my eternal gratitude!
I know it will end someday. And on the positive side, these many, many tantrums may teach me many life lessons like... patience? (I'm trying to find the silver lining.) Regardless, I have been blessed with 4 healthy children and I am thankful, even for the fits. I think!