- Assume people like you, until they tell you different
- Our attitude determines our altitude
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
- Don't holler at your wife unless the house is on fire
- Habits work for or against us. Form good habits.
- As you sow, so shall ye reap
- The little things we do or say make the big difference
- Put round pegs in round holes and square pegs in square holes
- Procrastination is suicide of time. Remember the three magic words: Do it now.
- Plan your work and work your plan
- Believe in what you're doing or STOP doing it
- It is not so important what happens to us, as how we respond to what happens to us
- People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care
Grandma had her own list - here are a few of her favorite sayings.
- Its what you learn after you know it all that counts
- A good example can overcome a lot of bad advice
- Getting back on the right track usually involves gettint out of a rut
Golden nuggets of wisdom to live by. For those of you who know my Grandpa, I'm sure you can picture him saying a few of these nuggets - I can. To me, the list conjures up wonderful images of my Grandpa, making them not just words to live by, but words to treasure.