Monday, September 09, 2013

goodreads


If you read my blog you know I love books. You also know I periodically write book reviews for books I've read.

At the risk of sounding abrupt (it all fits together in a minute)...

Have you heard about goodreads?

Goodreads is a social networking site for readers, book lovers, etc. It is a place where you can share the books you are reading and what you think about them. You can join book clubs and discuss books with other readers. You can follow what your friends are reading. You can get recommendations for future books to read.

It is a fun site. (at least I think so)

I periodically write book reviews on my blog. I am more consistent (and typically more concise) at writing reviews on goodreads. Brace yourself for a little self-promotion, if you enjoy my book reviews, friend me on goodreads. I typically read a variety of books ranging from kids lit (one of my favorite genres) to self-helpish type books to novels to classics. Whatever piques my interest and keeps it.

There you have it. Goodreads. Come on over and join the fun.

But, while you are here, why not leave a comment answering one of my favorite questions:

What are you reading and do you like it?

2 comments:

Mama Runner said...

I'm teaching a literature class for our co-op junior high and high schoolers this year. I just finished our first selection, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, and am starting Romeo and Juliet. We're using a version that has Early Modern English on one page with a modern translation on the other, which makes it much easier to understand. Did you know Juliet was only 13 when she and Romeo married?

megs @ whadusay said...

Jen,I do remember reading that Juliet was 13 which maybe explains the added drama. The version you are using with early modern English sounds really interesting and I imagine gives a totally new perspective on Shakespeare!