Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Dose of Courage and Thanksgiving

We made it to Beijing!

It is Friday morning in China and we are getting ready to start our adventures.

But before we do...

I had a little bit of a meltdown Monday night, the result of fear. The next morning I was reading Deuteronomy 1:29-31:

"But I said to you, 'Don't be afraid! The Lord your God is going before you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt. And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you, again and again here in the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. now he has brought you to this place."

And when I look back, I see how He is most definitely the one who has brought us to this place. I see how he has cared for us again and again, many times through many of you. I think of how He provided financially for this adoption, through many of you. I see how He led us to Zak. I see how He has swung wide the doors and gently asked us to walk through.

And I am humbled and so extremely grateful.

So as we get ready to head into our first day in China, I just want to say Thank You! For the prayers, for the support, for the love. Looking back gives the dose of courage needed to move forward.

So here we go, stepping through the final doors that God has opened to meet and welcome the little boy He has led us to, grateful for His care every step of the way.

7 comments:

Amanda Petrosky said...

So happy and thrilled for you guys. Thinking of you as you start your first day in China!

Emily said...

woohoo!! you'll have to let me know which is worse-- touring in the heat or touring in the cold:) so excited for you dear friend--

Marla said...

I just love God's faithfulness. Love you all and can't wait to hear about each new adventure.

Mom

Our Journey to Grace and Olivia said...

love it - so exciting. Are you going to Angel House?

Anonymous said...

Megan...so extremely excited for you!! Thank you for sharing what God has done for you and your family and how He has provided! It is so encouraging for those of us a little bit farther back in the journey =) We are floored by how much He has taught us about His overwhelming love through this whole thing! Enjoy every second of your trip and please give Lily-Mei (Meng Di,or Motte as they call her) a big hug from her Baba and Mama in Indiana!! =) We will keep you all in our prayers!! Kathie Steinberg

smw said...

praying for you. such a neat passage. love ya!

Chelby said...

oh, I missed this post....i don't want to miss a single adventure! PRAYING!!