Monday, June 25, 2007

Things I LOVE about summer!

Summer is here in full force and I LOVE it, more so this year than ever before! I think it has a lot to do with having one 3 year old and two one year olds contained in a house for far to long. The ability to free them to our backyard has helped all of our sanity!

I love the signs of summer. Things like seeing sidewalk art cover our patio, swingset, driveway and garage door (and occasionally the inside of our house as well!), fireflies lighting up the night and soft summer rains and the smell they leave behind.

I love watching my kids play outside together on the swingset, in the sandbox, or in the kiddie pool fully clothed and soaking wet. I love seeing them play t-ball with their daddy and going for bikerides together. The pleasure of laying by the pool, soaking in the sun, reading a good book is probably one of my favorite indulgences. And the summertime foods. Things like watermelon, corn on the cob and anything on the grill! I LOVE summer!

Somehow, I am always ready for fall and winter. I think if I had summer all year round I think I might forget to appreciate all the little pleasures it brings. But for now, I am thoroughly enjoying my summer days.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Amen! I second that! I love summer too. Yesterday I finally washed down our patio and out the little plastic pool I got Morgan. I filled it up and she got in and loved it! Ellie even jumped in once to cool off! I can't wait until we buy a house to have a backyard again so we can do all those other fun things that summer brings!