They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting the same results. My question is: How do moms stay sane?
Some days (today for example - and its only 8:30 am) I feel like I am slowly going insane. I pull my kids out of the same trouble, pick up the same pieces of cereal, sweep the same kitchen floor, give the same commands, break up the same fights over and over and over again EVERY DAY (sometimes every hour!).
Allow me to vent a few of my frustrations (feel free to share some of your own - I know you have them!). I am going insane from:
- pulling my boys (and girl) out of the bathroom sinks 10,000 times a day.
- picking up a million pieces of cereal (and sweeping up the ones Jonah intentially grounds into the carpet with his little chubby feet).
- putting crying boys into their carseats because they didn't get to push the garage door button this time.
- putting my boys back in their cribs 20 times each (that makes 40 total) because they are supposed to be taking a nap.
- listening to Simon cry for over an hour every night because he threw his blanket out of his crib and I refuse to play that game and pick it up for him.
- listening to a whiny little girl explain why she doesn't want to do something.
- hearing scribbling noises and realizing that Simon has found another crayon and has made his mark on the last doodle-free wall in the house.
- pulling my hysterical kids away from the snack cupboard (because the child safety lock we installed doesn't work anymore) and "starving" them (you'd think anyway by the way they act) until lunch time.
I will stop, because my house has been quiet for about 10 minutes now which probably means I need to go get the boys out of my bathroom and Kory's drawer and clean up the aftershave that they have probably poured all over themselves as I write!
I may just go and check myself into a mental ward when Kory gets home today - at least I would have some peace and quiet! (Just kidding - kind of :))