Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thinking about Words

I like blogging. Coming up with blog topics is the difficulty. Trying to write words that are somewhat interesting to whomever may be surfing by is a challenge for me, maybe that is part of the fun. Writing whatever is on my mind is theraputic. Sometimes, I don't even know what is on my mind until I start writing, which makes for an adventure (what that says about me I don't know :))!

I like words. Words have a lot of power, or at least the ideas behind the words do. Words can change the world; they can change me. Words like "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son." 13 small words linked together to form one powerful sentance!

Ink on paper can communicate such powerful ideas. Ideas that stand the test of time. Words like "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth," have been read by millions of people over thousands of years - some believing them, some wondering if they are true, some creating words that contradict them.

I love to be inspired by words. I love it when a paragraph seems to jump off the page, like it was written just for me. I love it when my perspective changes because of something I've read.

I could go on and on, the tangents are endless. But, before I lose any readers by writing too many words, please allow me to share two more: The End.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Megan,
I agree with you, "Ink on paper can communicate such powerful ideas". This has really hit home for me this week. As you may know my mother past away when I was little and I am finding out everyday more and more that her absent is hurting me. I was reading a Max Lucado book, dealing with grievance. He quoted scripture, and had testimonies from other as to how God got them through the grieving process. Those words spoke to me and help me change my way of thinking. Words can be very POWERFUL. Thanks for sharing.:)