Monday, November 05, 2012

Noisy House

*Taking a short break from the Encouraging a Global Perspective Series, to be continued on Wednesday*



I live in a noisy house.

Kids calling to each other from across the house, or across a room. Footsteps walking, running, stomping, jumping.

Doors opening, doors shutting, doors slamming.

Piano practicing, dishwasher running.

Yelling, laughing, crying, chattering, cheering, whining.

Picking up, throwing down.

Asking, answering, complaining, questioning.

Sound after sound, sometimes cascading down like the waters from Niagara falls. Sometimes dribbling slowly, barely a sound.

Sometimes the noise is enough to drive me crazy. The minute the sound of the garage door opening reaches my ears (aka Kory's home) and I am ready to escape to grab a bit of quiet SOMEwhere.

Other-times, I relish the noise. It won't be here forever. I walk from room to room and realize that each noise represents this wonderful, crazy, noisy stage of life I am living. A stage I LOVE!

Some day the noises encased in this house will grow up and leave to fill another place.

Some day the only steps I hear will be mine and Kory's.

That is not a bad thing, time moves on as it was created to do.

And because that is true, I hope I will relish the noise more times than I wish it away.


*Taking a short break from the Encouraging a Global Perspective Series, to be continued on Wednesday*

2 comments:

smw said...

such true thoughts. i relate to all of this. :)

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Thanks for perspective!