Sunday, May 22, 2011

Aunt Leslie

Aunt Leslie is one of the coolest people ever.


For starters, she is an artist and an amazing singer.






But even better than that, she is probably one of the best aunts in the world.



She does cool things like take us on trips to Chicago or invite us over for slumber parties. She even watches Barbie movies with us.




She helps us with our Halloween costumes.




She babysits us for FREE.





She makes cool things out of sand like mermaids, whales and frogs.


Yep, she is really quite amazing.



When I grow up I want to be an artist aunt just like her!



Everyone should have an Aunt Leslie, but I know not everyone can.



I heard there are some kids in Zambia who need help. They need an Aunt Leslie. Someone to have slumber parties with. Someone to teach them things about art and music. Someone to care about them the way my Aunt Leslie cares about me.



Even though I will miss her terribly, I've decided that I will share her with them... for a little bit.



So I am sending her to Africa to teach art and music for at least a year. And here is where I need your help. It costs money to go to Africa, so to help out I'm going to be selling yummy, sweet lemonade at my mom's Garage Sale later this week. All the proceeds from the garage sale and my lemonade will go to Lifesong for Orphans to help Aunt Leslie go to Africa.



So please come on out to my house this Thursday (1-7) and Friday (8-5) and help me send Aunt Leslie to Africa.



There are a lot of kids who will be so glad you did!



PS If you can't come to our sale, and still want to help you can go here and mention Aunt Leslie's name in the memo!



Thanks for helping!

Love,

Mya


PSS If you are local, please help us spread the word and share this post and information on the garage sale on facebook!!

5 comments:

The McBs said...

So precious! AND excited to have Aunt Leslie with us for a while! *HUGE BONUS! Wish I could come for a glass of lemonade!

Emily said...

so excited for her! and you're right-- leslie rocks!!!! i will send a check out in june:)

megs @ whadusay said...

Wish you could come too Mitzi and we are glad we get to share Aunt Leslie with you too!

Thanks Emily, that means a lot!!

Leslie Ringger said...

man... this makes me want to cry! all of it!

Christi said...

LOVE the post and WOW the singing is beautiful!!!