It has been quiet here. I know. Quiet in part because the majority of the space around me is anything but quiet. Constant demands for my attention. Schedules to keep. Errands to run. Workouts to squeeze in. Wild boys. Giggling girls. Tantrums from any given child on any given day.
And when the noise morphs into quiet around 8 pm CST SHARP. I am tired. A blank blogger screen intimidates so I hide it underneath my laptop in the office and scurry on over to my green sofa to read or talk or watch or RELISH the quiet.
At times throughout my day I think of things I could tell you, but after a little thought they seem unimportant or trite or I can't figure out how to transform my thoughts to words, so I decide to wait for another time or another topic and then days and weeks and months pass and the quiet here continues.
I am hoping that will change, but I can't promise.
So for now, here are a few things that have been filling my time:
1. Puking and Lice, the week before Christmas. Wasn't fun. Don't really want to talk about it.
2. Florida. Lovely weather. Lovely weekish. Lovely time.
3. Upwards basketball. Awesome program. Love watching the kids play. So fun.
4. Upcoming trip to Zambia. Mya and I. Can't wait. Probably talk more about that later, maybe before the trip... or after.
5. Hearts at Home. New books coming out next year. Conference coming up. If you aren't going, you should! (www.hearts-at-home.org)
Thanks for listening, that is, if anyone actually is. I hope the quiet won't last so long next time.
At least here.
Quiet in everyday life is a most welcome commodity.